1. When you apply to us to be considered for a Lease / HP or Loan, Kennet Equipment Leasing Ltd (KEL) will check the following records in relation to you and your business partners –
a) Kennet Equipment Leasing Ltd records.
b) Personal and business records at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from KEL they will place a search footprint on your business credit file that may be seen by other lenders. They supply to KEL both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
c) those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
If you are a director, KEL will seek confirmation, from credit reference agencies, that the residential address that you provide is the same as that shown on the restricted register of directors’ usual addresses at Companies House.
KEL will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering. KEL may also make periodic searches at CRAs and FPAs to manage your account with them.
2. Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them. Including information on your business and its proprietors and CRAs may create a record of the name and address of your business and its proprietors if there is not one already. Where you enter into an arrangement with KEL, KEL will give details of your accounts and how you manage it/them to CRAs.
3. If the agreement is not repaid in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs and FPAs to perform similar checks and to trace your whereabouts and recover debts that you owe. Records remain on file for 6 years after they are closed, whether settled by you or defaulted.
4. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
5. KEL and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
6. Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to find out more
This is a condensed version and if you would like to read the full details of how your data may be used, please phone 01675 469200 and ask to talk to a member of staff. You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
CallCredit – Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
Equifax PLC – Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.myequifax.co.uk
Experian – Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 4818000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk