There are several compelling reasons for businesses to invest in renewable energy assets. As energy costs continue to rise, investing in renewable energy can provide your business with a measure of stability and predictability. Another key reason is the environmental benefits they offer, as your business can significantly reduce its carbon footprint and help to mitigate the impact of climate change. This can be a powerful way for businesses to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and corporate social responsibility, which in turn help to attract environmentally conscious customers and investors.
Investing in renewable energy can also provide businesses with a degree of energy independence and security. By generating your own energy on-site, this reduces your reliance on traditional energy sources and ensures a reliable supply of energy, even during power outages or other disruptions to the grid. This can be especially important for businesses that rely heavily on energy intensive operations, such as manufacturing and engineering companies which may require a constant and reliable source of energy to operate effectively.
The length of time that the investment you make pays for itself is coming down. For instance, many solar installations on commercial properties throughout 2022 are achieving a return on investment as early as year four with a guaranteed lifespan of 20 years, and the majority of installations often lasting up to 30 years.
But how can your business invest in this without adding more financial pressure?
Financing large assets such as solar panels, ground source heat pumps and biomass boilers can be a good strategy for several reasons.
- Spreading the cost of the equipment over time can make the investment more manageable and allow more cashflow into the business.
- You may be able to take advantage of tax incentives and rebates for investing in renewable energy.
- You may be able to lock in energy costs over the longer term, protecting against future energy price volatility.
- Investing in renewables can help you to reduce your carbon footprint and demonstrate your commitment to sustainability.
- Compared to fossil fuels, there will be a significant reduction on your energy costs!
So, if you have been considering your ‘Green’ journey then get in touch with us today