With the Government now committed to reducing all greenhouse gases to net zero by 2050, here at Kennet Equipment Leasing we are keen to support the move to carbon neutral businesses and sustainable energy.
As one of the most ambitious carbon-neutral targets in the world, this project has been recommended by the Committee on Climate Change. We also pledge our commitment to such initiatives, meaning that we can now offer finance on
- New sustainability projects
- Existing projects completed within the last 6 months
- Third party installs where the energy will be sold with a power purchase agreement.
How does Sustainable Energy Finance work? – Scenarios
There are lots of different ways in which funding can be secured – for example
- A business is looking to invest to produce their own gas, electric or heat, and requires funding for the installation
- A company has already installed a renewable energy asset at least 6 months’ ago. They are now looking to restructure their existing borrowing, and are able to provide information on the energy saved or additional income they have accrued since the installation.
- A potential borrower has identified another business that they would like to work with, who has an energy requirement but does not have the means themselves to raise the finance. They work in tandem with the borrower, who receives income from selling the energy whilst the third party can also take advantage of the competitively-priced power.
What sort of assets are covered under Sustainable Energy Finance?
There are several asset types that can be financed. They include
- Solar PV panels
- Land wind turbines
- Air, ground and water source heat pumps
- Anaerobic digestors for the production of biogas and biofertilizer
- CHP – Combined Heat & Power
- Biomass plant
What don’t we fund?
We currently aren’t able to fund LED projects.
What sort of funding is available?
- Stage Payments / pre-hire
- Hire Purchase
The Small Print
Here’s what we will need for new projects
- 10% deposit minimum
- Proof of Trading over 2 years
- Directors Guarantees or Cross-Company Guarantees if required
- Supplier Agreements (inc. service and warranties)
- Feedstock details (where applicable)
- Full project details of cost and benefits
- Expected timeline for order, delivery and installation
Refinancing? Here’s what we also need
- Commissioning certificate
- OFGEN accreditation evidence
- Evidence of install performance
- Lease agreement if on leased land
- An asset inspection
- Original invoices to confirm title
For more information simply call us on 01675 469200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘* Loans will require additional security/chattels